Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Random Acts

Writing just to report a random act of kindness....rather than"thinking" up ways to do a random act of kindness, I have chosen to ask the Lord to place opportunity before me and have asked that He help me to not miss it....well, he just put an opportunity in my path "literally" and I went with it. I work at an area high school and I noticed a girl walking down the hallway obviously struggling with a broken ankle and maneuvering crutches! I asked if I could carry her backpack (which weighs about 12 pounds these days)..as we walked she was increasingly apprehensive to walk by open classroom doors. We talked and I found out that this was her first day back from her injury which happened Halloween night) and she was embarrassed and fearful of being made fun of. Hoping that words of kindness and encouragement would help, we continued slowly down the hallway to her class and I will be making connections for her to have the help she needs the next 3 weeks. No one else was around...but I could feel God smiling! Kindness wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment