Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Random Acts

I feel a bit silly about the way this randonm act unfolded but I have since remembered how important it is to laugh at yourself some days too.
I went to quiktrip and was waiting to pay for fuel when a gentleman went up to the other side of the register and paid $5. I looked outside and noticed he had a larger, older car and $5 wasn't going to get very far. As soon as he left out the door I asked the cashier to make his $15. The cashier questioned me on it and I just said sometimes every one needs a random act of kindness. I did not have any cards yet.
well, I paid for my $20 of fuel and went out the door. trying to watch the man's reaction at his pump but trying not to be noticed either. I could hear him grumbling from three pumps away-- "I said$5, gr gr (expletive)" and he stomped back inside to correct the cashier. I rounded the corner to leave and saw the excitement in his face as he ran to his car to tell his (wife?) what had happened and he started pumping fuel again.
It wasn't until 4 or 5 miles later that I realized that I, in my my flurry to go unnoticed, I drove off without pumping any into my car.
I called back to the store and asked the cashier to allow the next person to pump the $20 I had paid for myself. He asked me if I was sure and I just had to admit that sometimes you think giving a certain amount is enough but God wants you to give even more.
:) Made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment