Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Random Acts

Last week I went to Wendy's to get a Diet Coke. I was in line behind a green SUV with an Auburn sticker across the back- I would have never noticed except that I'm an Alabama fan and tend to notice those kinds of things. When I got up to the window, the worker shockingly told me that the car in front of me had paid for my Coke. I was surprised, but I have been the "victim" of random acts of kindness before. The workers at Wendy's were FREAKING out about the situation. They kept asking me if I knew the people in front of me, but were shocked when I told them that I didn't. The lady at the window handed me the "Kindness Wins" card, and I immediately recognized it. I don't attend Riverstone, but I have numerous friends that do so I had heard of this idea before. It definitely made my day, but the bigger impact was made on the workers at Wendy's.They were blown away that someone would pay for my Coke- even though it was only a $2 purchase. I don't know if the people that work there caught that it was from a church, but they were definitely impacted by the simple act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment